Tips for buying Heart-Lung Machine
- These units act as a temporary substitute for circulatory and pulmonary function. As such, they should circulate, oxygenate, and filter blood.
- Facilities are strongly encouraged to standardize their equipment. This can simplify and ease upgrading or adding new components.
- An in-line arterial filter should be included with the disposable tubing for the heart-lung bypass unit. This can help trap particulate matter and gaseous emboli.
- Today, most units consist of modular components that fit into a portable console base; facilities can now buy a basic unit and later upgrade or replace it as needed.
- Customized units are also offered. Before making the purchase, buyers should consider the level of modularity of each system.
Have any additional tips for buying this device?
Send us your tips!Add My Tips