New & Used Laser - Excimer , Wavelight
Market Value Calculator
- Complete Systems (2)
Item Price (USD)
Device: Laser - Excimer
Location: Canada, Ontario
Device: Laser - Excimer
Location: United States, Florida
Tips for buying Laser - Excimer
- This is the delivered power for the different beams: 3 W for an argon blue-green beam, 1 W for an argon green beam, 1 W for a dye beam, 1.5 W for a krypton green beam, 1.5 W for a krypton yellow beam, 1 W for a krypton red beam, and 1 W for a Nd:YAG beam.
- The following lasers should have principal wavelengths of 530-540 nm: argon, dye, krypton, and frequency doubled Nd:YAG lasers.
- The requirements of the unit include: single and repeat delivery modes, exposure duration of 0.01 to 2 seconds, repeat time of 0.1 to 2 seconds, a spot diameter of 50 to 1,000 mm, a slit lamp, an intraocular probe, a hand piece, and an indirect ophthalmoscope.
- An Nd:YAG laser should use a Q-switched operating mode and a fundamental mode structure; it should have a single pulse of 0.3 to 10 mJ, pulse duration of 4 n/sec, and 1 to 3 pulses per burst.
- The spot size should be 10 μm, and the cone angle – 16°. A single pulse should be at 1-2 Hz, and a burst should be at 1 Hz.
- Selected energy, shot selection, power output, and shot counter – should all be displayed and controlled by the unit.
- The laser should have a joystick beam actuator.
- A compatible slit lamp should be used with magnification up to 25× and a working distance of 1,000 mm.
- Each unit should have an automatic calibration system and the following accessories: contact lens, co-observation, a television with 35 mm adapter, a head restraint system, and a tonometer.
- An excimer laser should have a wavelength of 193 nm, 0-3 W of power output at tissue, 10 mJ per pulse, and an energy density of 150- 200 mJ/cm2; it should have both continuous and pulsed delivery modes, a beam diameter of 1 to 5 mm, a pulse repetition rate of 10 to 200 Hz, and a pulse duration of 10 to 15nsec.
- Buyers should expect a unit with a high precision spot delivery system, a computer system, halogen gas cylinders, and 24 months of halogen source useful life.
- A diode laser should have a power output on tissue of 1 W, both continuous and pulsed delivery modes, a pulse repetition rate ≤10 Hz, and pulse duration of 50 msec to continuous.
- There are units requiring higher voltages and greater current capacity than those available from a standard outlet. If a unit needs an external water source, facilities should locate it above the first floor of an older building, and they may need a booster pump to provide adequate water pressure for cooling.
- Facilities are encouraged to submit requests for proposal to several suppliers; they should discuss the important issue of prospective servicing.
- Buyers should evaluate whether the laser is adaptable for other types of therapy for which they have a need.
Read more valuable tips on the Medical Equipment Buying Guide by MedWOW >>