Buying and Selling on MedWOW
is free of charge
is free of charge
New & Used Mobile X-ray, Lorad
Market Value Calculator
- Complete Systems (1)
- Parts (44)
Item Price (USD)
Device: Mobile X-ray
Location: United Arab Emirates
Tips for buying Mobile X-ray
- Ruggedness and durability are the two main factors to consider when purchasing a mobile x-ray unit (also known as a portable x-ray).
- Mobile radiographic units should be designed to keep an important balance between maneuverability, ease-of-use and performance, together with high quality of x-ray output.
- All portable x-ray units should be lightweight and easy to assemble, carry, and transport. X-ray mobile units should be able to produce sufficient x-ray output for simple exams.
- Three categories of portable x-ray units are available: self-propelled, manual propulsion, and units for use outside hospitals - where mobility is necessary.
- Large batteries are the main power source of the self-propelled x-ray mobile units. Maneuverability is a key factor, without compromising x-ray output. These portable x-ray units, when fully charged, should be able to produce all necessary x-ray exposures without an outside power source.
- It is heavier to maneuver the manually propelled x-ray mobile units. These are line-powered and do not rely on batteries as a main power source. They are designed with a focus on a specific patient group.
- Manufacturers offer many different features for different models. Some of the options include automatic exposure control, anatomic programming, and input voltage.
- Mobile x-ray units that are motor-driven need battery power. For safety, they should have collision brakes, as well as a manual override for driving the unit through swinging doors.
- The x-ray exposure on some units is powered directly from the line voltage. On other portable x-ray units, the input line voltage charges a battery or capacitor to power the x-ray exposure.
Read more valuable tips on the Medical Equipment Buying Guide by MedWOW >>