Buying and Selling on MedWOW
is free of charge
is free of charge
New & Used Stretcher, Stryker, 931
Market Value Calculator
Please Note: Search results for this device do not include the following devices, please select the relevant device if it is of interest to you: Gurney
- Complete Systems (1)
Tips for buying Stretcher
- In order to enhance staff familiarity, facilities are encouraged to use only one type of hospital stretcher. This is important because during emergencies, it is necessary to manipulate stretchers in a quick and easy manner.
- Hospital stretcher specifications are divided into three groups, based on areas of use in the facility: ER/OR, ICU critical care unit post anesthesia care unit and radiology. Each group is offered a different set of stretcher features according to its special needs.
- Most hospital stretchers should have a utility shelf, restraint straps and side rails, perimeter bumpers and an oxygen tank holder. Hospital stretchers should also be equipped with at least one mountable IV pole at each corner.
- Stretchers should include >=8-inch casters. One of the casters should be equipped with a swivel lock to aid in steering and maneuvering during transport. At least two brakes should be mounted at diagonal corners of the Stretcher.
- The hospital stretchers should be able to carry patients weighing up to 300 lb. To fit through doorways, the stretcher should be less than 32 × 84 inches. Stretcher mattresses should be no smaller than 26 × 73 inches.
- Patients with serious conditions can benefit from special positioning features such as Trendelenburg, reverse Trendelenburg and Fowler position. The Fowler position, for example, helps patients with pulmonary congestion (due to congestive heart failure) breathe more easily.
- The various stretcher height positions are suitable for different needs. A higher position is convenient for suturing or examination, while a lower position is better for cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- If a stretcher is used as a treatment platform, it should have height adjustment capabilities. However, if it is used mainly for transport, a fixed height stretcher, which is cheaper, may be sufficient.
Read more valuable tips on the Medical Equipment Buying Guide by MedWOW >>